As a patient of Thames Shoulder and Elbow, our first priority is to ensure that you have an accurate diagnosis. Once we understand what is causing your pain, we can recommend a course of treatment that is tailored to your individual circumstances.
Our aim is always to treat you as an individual, rather than simply treating your symptoms. This means listening to your concerns, offering reassurance, explaining your options in simple terms and treating you using the latest techniques and technologies. Wherever possible, we will always recommend non-surgical procedures before we suggest you undergo surgery.
Mr Ibrahim is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon based in London. He practices at the following locations:
- The Shoulder Unit, Hospital of St John & St Elizabeth, St John’s Wood
- BMI The Syon Clinic, Brentford,
- BMI The Clementine Churchill Hospital, Harrow
- Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
The services he offers include:
- Shoulder and elbow assessment
- Painkilling injections
- Keyhole shoulder and elbow surgery
- Shoulder and elbow replacement surgery
- Sports injury treatment
- Fractures and dislocations treatment
- Nerve surgery including carpal and cubital tunnel decompression
- Graduated from University College London with Distinction in Medicine, a First-Class Honours degree in Orthopaedics and accredited orthopaedic training at Harvard Medical School.
- Demonstrator in Anatomy at Oxford University.
- Higher orthopaedic training on the Imperial College London Rotation.
- First prize for a Master’s degree in Surgical Education with a published thesis on preparing for complex surgery.
- Training in nerve surgery at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital.
- Fellowship training in upper limb surgery at the Royal Derby superhospital, including the world famous Pulvertaft Hand and Wrist Unit.
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society travelling fellow in Lyon and Stockholm.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- Bachelor of Science in Orthopaedics(Hons)
- Master of Surgical Education
- Diploma of Imperial College
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England (Orthopaedics)
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- General Medical Council
- Biomechanical assessment of the shoulder based on 3D bone structure.
- Created the UK’s first Enhanced Recovery Programme for shoulder replacement surgery.
- Surgical Education and how surgeons should prepare for challenging operations.
- A personal interest in tennis, including representing The Queen’s Club in competitions.
- A unique understanding of treatments for patients returning to play racket and overhead sports.
You did an excellent job with my surgery after my injury and you were so kind and patient. I just wanted to say a huge thank you for giving me my arm and, indeed, my life back
Very many thanks for taking such good care of me. From the beginning I knew I was in good hands. Thank you for the excellent treatment
Very professional with a friendly approach.
Thank you for the wonderful care you gave me over the last few months. You have a very caring and professional approach to patients
Thanks for your very successful surgery and for looking after me
Read more on